Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Blue Bird (1940) movie Review

 Starring……….. Shirley temple, Spring Byington and Nigel Bruce



Directed by………. Walter Lang




Synopsis


A rambunctious wood Chopper’s daughter receives a message from a fairy instructing her to find a a bluebird, which will bring her and other happiness.




Warning spoilers ahead




My Review


Well this is my very first Shirley temple movie review very honor to review one of her movies and she indeed sadly miss in today era.



Well first 12 mins everyone was crying tears wear up in the air and I was wonder if this going to be a sad movie or not but later the movie goes from black and white to all color then this fairy show up and turns the dog into a human and cat a women dress in black which could be bad don’t know so story is they must find a blue bird which will be her happiness I guess interesting movie this feel like Snow White since Shirley look like she wearing a Snow White outfit maybe the blue bird will give her gold but where the heck do you find this blue bird well that the adventure part of the movie must say Costumes look very nice for a 1940’s movie also brother and sister fight over a pony and women in black dress had a odd look like she was can of smile I think she do something soon she look like villain type then she breaks the Statue for some reason very odd character the women in white dress reminds me of good witch from wizard of Oz with blue light on her and that women in black true self comes out she was indeed evil after all boy later on she payed for it the cat women died in a Blazer fire which she try to kill them with well on to next land what do you call this guess magic land with a blue bird they must be getting close then they meet god children and they board a ship guess this leads them being born later on so was that god not too sure but ok so ship look good though I had a feeling they find blue bird at the end and they did I wonder if this was a dream look like it but I also wonder if the ending would of lead to a another movie probably not but it had a cute ending to a good movie.



What a interesting movie that I see a adventure looking for a blue bird and meeting odd people in a land of magic I guess the plot was can of confusion a little but did enjoy Shirley in this one her acting was good she did a lot of crying in this one but the ending turn out to be a good should they add someone who try to stop well they did sort of with that woman who was a cat but she was weak but that was alright not a bad 1940’s movie would it be a movie I watch again let say maybe but if you like Shirley temple movies I think you like this one as well.



I give The Blue bird (1940) a rating of 7/10 for good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...