Sunday, October 9, 2022

The Spell (1977) tv Movie Review

 Starring…………..Lee Grant, Susan Myers and Helen Hunt



Director………… Lee Philips



Synopsis


Rita is fat from ordinary. When her classmates’ cruel teasing cannot be contained any longer, a supernatural power inside of her takes over.



Warning spoilers ahead




My review


Next the Spell starring a young Helen hunt that came out In 1977 movie starts with Bully a girl on her weight mean girls that is mean this sort of has Carrie vibes because that movie started out in same way then we climb rope match up and the girl was swing around and around and fall Flat ouch so did she die they never say because they cut to another Scene did talk about it later that then got me thinking probably has Carrie cash in or try with whole supernatural teen plot some but who knows maybe it turn out good for a TV movie yes this is yet so don’t look for too much gore it maybe have some scare spots after I got 30 mins and learn more about Rita character though she indeed one creepy girl though she seems nice sometimes though later on her a lady comes downstairs and just start to freak out ended with her being on fire and died pretty odd but can of scary some there that for sure:



Last 13 mins we find out someone help her using her powers but lady made her mad but does not kill her at all her mom finds out her Secret and then she goes crazy what a twist it was mom vs daughter sort of power battle but mom win and no one die as they huge there I almost thought it was going to end in death 💀 but it just ends what a weird TV movie I am sure many like me was probably going wtf I will say this was not best horror but good.



Well pretty much a Carrie rip off with knifes throwing thing at the end but I will say this was not bad movie Rita character start off little slow but as movie goes on we see her powers grow as that happens her attitude because bad as well which is pretty good writing for plot and at the end it was witch vs witch battle mom vs daughter but it did not end with no die not a bad way to ended too like a powerful message for the ended I will say and acting was good you had a young Helen hunt who was not bad in this very good acting as Susan was also good so you had some good acting that for there were some scary moments the music made it scary though and creepy though for old movie release in 70’s though In the end I will say I Enjoyed it it was very good horror and worth checking out if your like movies that too scary or gore gore movies would I watch this again probably I would.



That ends this Sunday movie review I will see you next week for another for now bye.




I give the spell (1977) a rating of 7.5/10 for good



No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...