Saturday, March 18, 2023

Gaslight (1944) Movie Review

 Starring…………. Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman and Joseph Cotten



Director……………. George Cukor



Synopsis


Ten years after her aunt was murdered in their London home, a woman returns from Italy in 1880’s to resume residence with her bee husband. His obsessive interest In home rises from a secret that may require driving his wife insane.



Warning spoilers ahead




My Review


Not a bad mystery movie or crime movie you got a young Angela Lansbury as well playing house Maid most of time who went on years later to Star in another crime tv show Murder she wrote great acting from so plot was from what I see husband trying to drive his wife nuts so he can find out secret about the house that probably was about her husband was crazy with the way he acted he did everything but in the end back fire on him in the end I will saying the acting pretty good as well some say this was horror movie but did not see that all felt like more of mystery or crime movie maybe it was horror not sure if I see would of review that part so was not a bad ended as well that way I would end it as well.



Alright would I watch this it was ok movie not best but good plot and acting as well would I watch this again maybe if I am looking for a good mystery and crime to re- watch again I think this indeed a worth checking out if you like good movies with mystery and crime you may like it or may not.



I give Gaslight (1944) a rating of 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...