Sunday, June 19, 2022

Miss Annie Rooney (1942) Movie Review

 Starring………… Shirley temple, Willam Gargan and Guy Kibbee



Directed by…………… Edwin L. Marin


Synopsis

Shirley temple stars in the story of an optimistic high schooler from a smart, yet poverty- Stricken, home who is courted by a millionaire classmate.



Warning spoilers ahead



My Review


Now a teenager Shirley temple is getting ready for her teen drama acting which is ok she Shirley Temple she be ok on acting this is why I pick this movie because I am used to watching her movies when she little a lot but I do wonder how she will do in what her first movie where she fall In love I think so this why I find this movie interesting.


Have to say this is a very good movie with Shirley it force on her falling for a rich guy but only problem is she is poor some but when you meet the guy and they do he look like a guy with glasses so they crash into him and you can tell Joey does not like him at all first but he is a kind guy giving them to ride to party Joey shows up late and seems a little Jealous is there going to be a battle of romance for her in this probably but not sure maybe they just force on her falling in love with rich guy after see that made me think they will but so far 20 mins after that doesn’t look like they go that way and just force on story on her falling in love with rich guy that ok.


So the rich kid tells his parents later on and wants to invite her to his birthday but his parents say no because they didn’t think she would fit in with his friends so without them looking or when they are not in room he send invite to her though mail too me I have a feeling this could go in a good way or later on bad way at first she does have a few problems finding the dress and paying for it but a family member comes to the Rescue.



So later on she goes to party but things was not looking good at first but then later her dance moves turn the party into them like her some but then her father shows up and makes a fool of himself that where it went downhill for her felt sorry for her everything was going well unit that happen but hope in the end it does pay off.



Look like no they were going to get kick out of there apartment for not paying the rent then things went well after all and it ended in a good way.



Not a bad movie not a lot of romance some but not a lot as movie hype but the end prove it was some it was about her fitting in well with rich guy Marty and her father having problems but it was good story for that for and this indeed is another great Shirley temple movie that I like this is a cute movie as well like how it went good acting as well this year I have done 3 movies review that she star in they been good so far and I hope I get to do a few more movie reviews with her in in the future and this movie was again great.



I give Miss Annie Rooney (1949) a rating of 6.5 /10 for great


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...