Sunday, September 25, 2022

The Magnetic Monster (1953) Movie Review

 Starring……….. Richard Carlson, King Donovan and Jean Byron


Directed by………….. Curt Slodmak



Synopsis


A cult- favorite of the 50’s schlock Scfi-fi era that takes a nuclear radiation in a realistic way as a magnetic substance threatens to Destory Earth.



Warning spoilers ahead



My Review



I have heard that this one of best Scfi movie made in history so figure I give it a look says horror as well will see if it more Scfi though some movies are like where it more Scfi then Horror see movies like .




This another early movie made it 1953 or early it has one heck of plot too with a Magnetic monster attack earth so now it cause havoc to everybody mess up stuff and cause death I like to know where this came from maybe space or something did not say much do note it does have a slow build first 36 mins not see too much effects but some computers later on we found out this thing is feeding in space I was like if that thing grows huge could cause problems later on so how do best this thing that every where and is not easy to find before it hits items that could blow up town in a big boom.


They try to do something with machine that will maybe kill by closing the gates one of guy try to stop must say the effects was indeed out of this world for a big ending there like that was huge budget type lighting but will say it was pretty good for more Scfi then horror movie would of like a lighting shot at end though fooling everybody it is still not over that would of been cool but they did not.



So after watching this though was it best Scfi movie sort of yes and some no it was little bit boring with not too much effects early but that ending pay off though and this not much a horror too me so if your looking for horror not going to find much for this old movie but will say acting was pretty good and I will say I was happy I got a chance to see it though would I watch it a 2 time not sure Let’s say to end this review a maybe.




I give the Magnetic Monster (1953) a rating of 6/10 for good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...