Sunday, November 13, 2022

Alice in Wonderland (1949) movie Review

 Starring………… Carol Marsh, Ernest Milton and Felix Aylmer


Directed by………. Dallas Bower



Synopsis


Live- Action characters and puppets come together in this theatrical version of Lewis Carroll’s 1865 classic.



Warning spoilers ahead



My review


This is 1949 version of Alice in wonderland that open the door for many more versions this one is live action with puppets so it is indeed old take a look at have to say picture look good for a 1949 film Costumes look ok 1 guy look like he dress as Abraham Lincoln look like maybe it just me they both look the same though at start of the movie now I just wonder how this version will do because I see many that have try and some failed.



After watching a few mins we meet Alice who is played by Carol Marsh who I never heard of least but age she seems to look a little old for part but maybe get pass that and her acting will be good for to give her a gold star down the line we see.



So was this a dream maybe father started to tell story and look like she fall asleep and then it show her chasing the rabbit down the hole and on too wonderland rabbit does look a little creepy puppet though but doesn’t bug me kids it may or not though some look good though for puppets but for kids may want to be Caution some though when you see.



Seems like to me when Alice goes to wonderland everything becomes Animated Will say that something for a 1949 movie back then also this turns musical later on funny at start there was not much singing at start some of singing not bad can of funny though some of it not best though.


First I worder is this French movie because the voice over of puppets sound French and it was indeed that for sure it was French voiceovers.



As you go though the movie you meet more puppets or clay motion they look like it they look more ugly and scary again might scare the kids a little they could least done a better job on that though.



Well after making it though this version of this classic tale so what did I think on how ended was it bad or good or not good well it ended just like others but was it a dream a not was question.



Well can of creepy a little good acting from Carol as Alice not best one to get gold acting star maybe a silver star at least for acting as for story it was ok puppets again look creepy so will say this version was not worst I see but will say weird one for 1949 version I will say but after this 2 years Disney release there better version so would I watch this again probably not.




I give Alice in wonderland (1949) a rating of 6/10 for ok





No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...