Friday, July 17, 2020

Poseidon (2006) Movie Review

Next movie Review is a remake of 1973 movie Poseidon starring Kurt Russell in this one let see if I like it or not.

Rated PG-13


Story
On New Year’s Eve, the luxury ocean liner Poseidon capsizes after being swamped by a rogue wave. The survivors are left to fight for their lives as they attempt to Escape the sinking ship.


Cast
Josh Lucas as Dylan Johns
Kurt Russell as Robert Ramsey
Jacinda Barrett as Maggie James
Richard Dreyfuss as Richard Nelson
Mia Maestro as Elena Morales


Movie Review
This is a remake of 1972 movie which most see or not and most remakes I see are not well done and can of cheesy and lazy as well but I figure I will give this one a chance and see if it better then 1972 well do have to say not even close though but it was not worst Remake I see it was still a good Survivor movie and had lots of close moments but characters didn’t click on me at all as 1972 version did much but I do give writers credit though for trying I am sure this did great at box office so from start to finish it was not a bad movie had a great battle of them trying to get off the ship plot seem super rush too me so overrate a good movie I say.


Acting
Did like Kurt Russell in this one he was great as Robert he was indeed the true hero in this great acting from Kurt in this one as for other acting in this one it was not bad at all.


Final thoughts
Well a ok remake there was a few moments that had me at edge of seat effects were good waves look scary though so will say it came close but 1972 one is still good but if your fan of that one I think you should maybe check this one out it not too bad of remake though that all for today review see you next time.


Poseidon (2006)
6/10 good


Poseidon (2006) trailer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...