Sunday, May 29, 2022

Gidget (1959) Movie Review

 Starring……… Sandra Dee, James Darren and Ciff Robertson



Directed by……… Paul Wendkos



Synopsis


A sad face youngster who doesn’t quite measure up to the chesty, Bikinied girls on the beach.




Warning spoilers ahead



My Review



First of all nice intro with music not too long one bye so what is this movie like not sure another first for me will I like it we see.



This should be titled Gidget goes to beach because it starts off with her and her friends she seem like a odd character who doesn’t fit in with group see that before many times beach Scenes was not good for her she was bullying my guess reason why she young my guess 15 or 16 younger that my guess she does seem a little annoyed as well but not a bad character I guess for her to get her popular level started she got to get a Surfboard and learn how too since her first time didn’t go well wonder who will help her on out surfing is question my guess some nice lad will step and help her out then she turn into surfing hero of the big beach that just a guess.



So was I right about plot sort of she wasn’t so popular in first half but once you get far into movie it slowing starts happen and I was right she was 16 years old there is a song that played that fits movie in well song is called Gidget nice song bye the way well she slowing learning how to Surf by her self some help from guy she likes yes there some romance figure there would be because most movies in 1950’s has that some as long as story stay good I don’t mind pretty much when they are surfing there might be a green screen or fake water behind them not sure could be wrong sure look like that ok.



Again gidget seems to be annoyed some she don’t get wants she She begs to get her way all the time for most of movie it does not bug me but could of less calm down on that a little bit otherwise I find the character not bad.


So later she gets into a odd fight with her parents over boy not picking her up and paying cash to get into party was sort of funny and pointless proves what dating was like back in the days some .


At the dance she gets her very first kiss but after that sort of Fell apart and boy things heat up as her Parents show up at party looking for her then she runs a later cops look for her and they find her.



So let’s get to ending or last 15 mins was ok everything turn out good not a bad movie but not best movie either.



Well it was alright some teenage drama some but acting was very good though it was a good movie for a old one not my favorite as well but Gidget is indeed worth checking out if you like old movies.



I give Gidget (1959) a rating of 6.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...