Sunday, May 22, 2022

Street Scene (1931) Movie review

 Starring………….. Sylvia Sidney, William Collier Sr and Beulah Bondi



Director………….. King Vidor



Synopsis


Tenement dwellers in New York’s impoverished districts wage a daily battle for survival.



Warning spoilers ahead



My Review


I see lots of great reviews for this old movie and some say it is good so figure to watch and see what I think of this 1931 movie classic.



Well from what I heard it is based on a play in New York but too me seem like a movie type more then a play first of all they do have a nice few moments of intro of list of cast for this one names again I never heard of opening is children singing a song then after that we go to Woman talking or Gossipy about kids and stuff one heck of way to open too me they seem grumpy about life this is a drama movie so that how it opened but that way it keeps going wonder if this will be the movie everybody talking about what going on for first 15 mins so far yes it is a little funny see them angry and drama stuff will we see what happen Beyond the apartments or not too me look like they are staying in apartments and not going anywhere else which is odd so think we pretty much stuck with everybody talking which is ok too me because I know topics will lead to something for ending that what interesting to me is what this movie brings in the final 15-20 mins and wonder how it will end.



Well most of movie was them forcing on apartment talk which I find interesting how they film most of movie there with most of it Drama for a plot of movie but they do keep it fresh with new characters showing up though to keep good acting was pretty good as well not bad for a 1931 movie so with 57 mins it is next day everybody is getting there house chores done or waking up this is day of gossip to me Mrs. Jones is the one who sounds grumpy she just seem hate everybody they sure made this character annoying some.



Last 25 mins there was a shooting rose mom and they film reaction very good everybody in Neighborhood was like holy cow good camera angles there that for sure my guess this how last 15-20 mins will go talking about what happen in that apartment so what did I think of last 15 mins well pretty much everybody was talking about shooting and they got him at the end and everybody was talking about so what was last 5 mins of movie liked pretty much force on rose leaving and saying goodbye some and it ended with her leaving and kids playing almost the same way movie opened ending which was ok too me.



So was this a good film interesting plot with topics just from apartment in front they did some street shots but it stay force on apartment front door where drama went down so movie started with that and pretty much ending that way as this was not a bad movie at all not my favorite though but worth checking it out that is for sure.



I give Street scene (1931) a rating of 6/10 for good


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...