Sunday, August 28, 2022

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde (1968) Movie Review

 Starring………. Jack Palance, Denholm Elliott and Leo Genn



Directed by……… Charles Jarrott



Synopsis



A scientist experiments with a potion that reveals his dark and murderous alter ego. In this acclaimed adaptation of Robert Louis Steveson’s classic.



Warning spoilers ahead



My review


I just love some of old Mr Hyde and Dr Jekyll movies because they tell good stories on how it happens this one I have not see yet so here we go my Review of The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from 1968.



I wonder if this is a TV movie can of seems like it is what I was thinking because when he started to change they cut it off to the next day where he wakes not remember things then he goes to bar asking people if they see me before and a few remember him then after that they show him drinking the potion and this time they show what happen after he drink it he look can of creepy with makeup on Jack Palance does but seem like everybody getting along with him some don’t though later on his dark side comes out as he goes after guys at bar who don’t like him but that laugh sort of remind me this might be comedy horror movie type as well then for some reason he takes the potion and turns back into himself for now.



The movie seems a little slow some but it is indeed a TV movie and on tv they don’t show much gore this movie is lot different then other versions I see I find this one interesting as well as it seem pretty good.



Later on he changes back but he still half Mr. Hyde as cops are downstairs sort of remind me the half hulk on one of Incredible Hulk episodes so when Dr. Jekyll finds out what his Altar ego does he starts having thoughts on not to turn back in too his Alter ego or not but when he gets angry he can not help to turn back to him and go killing now everyone see him doing it they will now be after him so does Dr. Jekyll does tell good lies to cover it up but I wonder how long before police figure out or someone will his evil secret .


After he Destory the lab just when I thought it was end of Dr. Hyde he drink too potion and now he can’t stop change to him now I thought they would go that way so now what is he stick as Dr. Hyde he does change back to Dr. Jekyll but again he keeps change back to this killer the last fight was ok could of been a little bit better but that ok some reason I predicted the ending sometimes I am good at that and it happens it ended ok but will say this was not bad horror movie for TV movie.



Hats if to Jack Palance he was one of best in my very playing both characters his makeup was pretty good very great acting from him as well at first I figure they keep it low on horror for a TV movie but they did some scare at first Mr. Hyde seem like he was nice guy as movie goes on you find out he was indeed not odd plot there but it worked for me so would I watch this again maybe but for now glad I got to see it at first didn’t think it would not be good but as I watch it enjoy this horror take on classic Mr. Hyde and Mr. Jekyll indeed and think this movie is indeed a must see for horror fans.


I give The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1968) a rating of 7/10 for good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...