Sunday, June 26, 2022

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court (1949) Movie Review

 Starring…………….. Bing Crosby, Rhonda Fleming and Cedric Hardwicke



Director……… Tay Garnett



Synopsis


When a 20th Century mechanic wakes up from a head injury in Camelot in the year 528, he scarps with Lancelot, wins the Princess and saves the king.




Warning spoilers ahead




My Review


Bing Crosby I know a lot for singing but not acting so this is my first movie I see him in this was indeed first for so do I like it or not well let’s see sure we.


Pass 1 min credits intro but that ok this was released in 1949 so happens a lot after that movie starts with the guy visiting the castle and acting like his been there many years everybody acting like ok then he goes to my guess owner who sick in bed so he seat down on the chair and story starts should be something we got a few mins of singing then a storm hits he fall off his horse and gets knock out and lands in year 528 now plot is getting more interesting on where it will this sort of has a lot of kid who fall down the hole and landed there too but this one came out long long time before that movie did that for sure back to movie he does meet a beautiful princess I would too if I hit my head just kidding I think she like him she was charm the moment she see him and wink as well I think there be romance moments between 2 later on which is ok as long as they keep story written good.



So now he in year 528 wonder what they do with not good news my guess they think he a witch from another world then later he gets out of and king set him free for and now call him the boss sort of like that name it like a king type name anyway half way though I am like this movie Costumes look very good also this has a nice musical tune as well good songs again bing Cosby proves why he is good at acting and singing in this one but can he fight later on he is challenged by Princess Fiancé he using some tricks I guess this upset the princess some oh well she get over it later on right see this before many times.



Have to say this story is written very good watching it is good storytelling that for sure for a old movie that for sure watching it got me Excited to see how it ends been a while since old movies done that watching them so how does last 10 mins go well yes he tells the rest of story and it goes back to where story started with a happy ending as well great way to end this story that way I would ended it.



No doubt love this movie Bing Cosby was great in this for singing and acting as well acting was good just a great story as well great musical and family movie as well hope today kids got to see because they will like it as well as I did check out this old classic if you have not because I am sure you like it as much as I did.



I give A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur’s Court (1949) a rating of 8/10 for great movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...