Sunday, October 23, 2022

Count Dracula (1970) Movie Review

Starring……… Christopher Lee, Klaus Kinski and Herbert Lorn 


Director…….. Jess Franco 



Synopsis 



Indelible performances, lush locations, and sinister sensuality mark what may be the most faithful film adaptation of Bram Stoker’s vampire classic.



Warning spoilers ahead 



My Review 


Last year I think it was I review my first Dracula movie this year reviewing another one there so many versions of this one is 1970 one so let see if I think this one is better then last year one I see. 


Nice opening with castle of Dracula I think creepy music that a way to open up this movie . The guy later on wants to to Count Dracula castle everybody he talks to know what going to happen they are Freaking out very good acting there first 10 mins night Scenes are shot Beautiful with fog at night this guy is brave but crazy don’t think I like to go there and stay at that creepy castle or house Christopher Lee shows up at door and welcome him acting creepy too when he stands next to guy who open the door next to mirror he was not there that gives you sign he probably Dracula if I was that guy I would probably be running but this guy he did not very brave this guy is later on we see three woman who were Count Dracula Victims show up and try to eat them but Count Dracula says he my after first 20 mins this is a very good version and so far see amazing movie this is the way any Dracula movie should be. 


The guy jumps out window and wakes up in hospital and said he was at Count Dracula home and every time some one says that film goes zim in there eyes like being scared can of creepy but amazing shot there as well. 



There is a guy later who eating a bug they try talking to him but no luck not sure what that about maybe we see later on hopefully Count Dracula does get his first Victim later on a young girl name Lucy figures Dracula likes going after woman he does bite her later on Christopher Lee as Dracula will say fits the role amazing  job in this one probably the best one I see yet for this role. 


The music and soundtrack fits in well with movie as well with Scenes as well making indeed scary some as well every time he shows up you know he coming with music scary and so far he going after Lucy bite her twice my guess later she become his bride or just die.  She does show up now a vampire going after young so only way to stop them is go out and battle vampires so we may get a all out war for final battle with 2 guys going after him but good luck Dracula is tough and very powerful as well. 



When animals Statues make noise it was very scary there in castle good thing they have the cross and holy water going to need much I had a feeling he would go after blonde lady next and I was right he did. 



So down to final 10 mins after all amazing stuff I see in this I was Inside to see how this movie ends and what final moments bring they do go after all woman he turn first then go after Dracula next but again Expected me to be a fight he not going down without one but he did not they just pretty much burn can of odd ending but does spoil the movie too much as it was great. 



Something I would indeed watch again everything about this movie was great from acting to music great tale on Dracula series Christopher Lee as Dracula was great he was creepy as well he fit in well for that role enjoyed that as well this something you should check out if your a fan of series as well I would probably watch this around Halloween time because it fits in well with that holiday so will say in closing this indeed a worth checking out.



I give Count Dracula (1970) a rating of 8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman 1989 movie review

Last Week I Said I would pick this week movie review it was a battle between flubber and Batman 1989 watched both movie and went with Batman...